The Legal Officer shall be responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements. The Legal Officer shall also ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines in the area of law and the company business.
- Draft a wide variety of documents including legal agreements.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements and its execution.
- Maintain the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) and any other regulation.
- Provide all administrative and secretarial duties as directed by the Legal officer & Company Secretary.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, and any other documentation for the Board and heads of department.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Liaison officer: to communicate and interact with third parties including regulators on all legal matters.
- Documentation: to ensure proper documentation and bookkeeping practices.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- A graduate degree in law (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Good research skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Application to email@example.com using “Legal Officer” as the subject of the email.